Read Capital City News for June 2015
READ CAPITAL CITY NEWS FOR JUNE 2015
TOP STORIES IN CENTRAL CITY NEWS:
• St. George Won’t Raise Taxes: Tax Base Sufficient to Cover All Reasonable Costs
• St. George Petition Certification Boils Down to How Long It Takes Registrar to Complete Task
• Attorney General Buddy Caldwell Emphasizes Conservative Record: He Fought Abortion, Gay Marriage, and Obamacare
• Garret Graves Reports on His 1st 100 Days in Congress
• Moon Griffon Show Could Be Big Draw for New Radio Station WSGX
• Moon Griffon: The Louisiana Version of Rush Limbaugh with a Cajun Accent
• Photo Spread: Republican Leaders Gather at Governor’s Mansion for Annual EBR Republican Women’s Gala
• Istrouma High Class of 1965 Sets 50th Anniversary Reunion July 11
• North Baton Rouge Reunion Set July 9
• Baby Delivered at Home: Grandma Took Charge; Now Mom and Baby Are Doing Just Fine
• Meet the Pursifulls: They Have Eight Children, Four of Whom Are Adopted, and Helped Raise 42 Foster Children
• Life Tabernacle Drew 1,246 People to Sunday Morning Services
• 10th Anniversary of City of Central Will Be Celebrated July 11
• Candi Lee: Thanks for a Job Well Done
• Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Coming to Bethany for Father’s Day
• What’s Happening Around Central
• Donors Needed for Academic Letter Jackets at Central High
• Baton Rouge Business Directory
• Local Girl Wins State Our Little Miss Crown
Click here http://capitalcitynews.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Cap-City-6-4-15-FINAL-SMALL.pdf
The Central City News and Capital City News are published on the 1st Thursday of the month. The Central Wildcat is published on the 3rd Thursday of the month August through May.
• Recent honors and awards: Capital City News: 1st Place in Louisiana for General Excellence, Louisiana Press Association. Central City News: Named one of four Best Community Newspapers in America by National Newspaper Association. Winner of the Freedom of Information Award, the highest award given by the Louisiana Press Association. 1st Place for Best News Coverage, Louisiana Press Association.
• Community Press, LLC Creates Specialty Publications. For information, call 225-921-1433.
• Central City News and Capital City News are now accepting newspaper inserts. For information, call 225-921-1433
• To place a display or classified ad, call 225-261-5055.
The Central City News provides objective, award-winning coverage of news about Central. It is published at the same time as its sister publication, the Capital City News, which covers Baton Rouge and St. George. The combined circulation this week is 14,000 copies with total readership of the hard copies estimated at over 42,000. We hope to build stronger communities and provide the information you need to make decisions as a citizen. Your ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Best email: email@example.com
Last month, 52,000 people read the Capital City News print edition on-line, and 34,000 people read the Central City News print edition on-line.
Visit our websites: www.centralcitynews.us (website for Central City News), www.centralcitynews.net (archives of Central City News and Capital City News), www.capitalcitynews.us (website for Capital City News), www.CityofCentral.com (information about Central), and http://www.centralwildcat.com (website for The Central Wildcat, the official newsletter of the Central Community School System). On Facebook, “Like” Capital City News, Central City News, The Central Wildcat, Capital Republican (Republican and conservative news in Baton Rouge area), Chamber of Commerce of East Baton Rouge Parish, and Liberty Today (our national conservative news site).